Casual Chic Elegance: Effortless Fashion and Entertaining Inspiration
Who says a shirt dress should be plain? Not me ! I love finding cool and casual pieces that are anything but plain and also have a bit of sophistication and elegance. You can imagine how thrilled I was to see this artfully designed Elenyum shirt collar, A-Line, short sleeve, printed dress at StyleWe. https://www.stylewe.com/?utm_source=lookbook.com&utm_campaign=helilan&utm_medium=social&utm_term=ID&utm_content=jenquattrucci Find this dress quickly here https://www.stylewe.com/product/shirt-collar-a-line-short-sleeve-printed-casual-shirt-dress-1842.html
I added a long sleeve tee-shirt, hat,tights, and heels from target.com to make it appropriate for the cold weather we are having now. However, I'll be sure to get plenty of use out of this amazing dress in the summer, adding just a casual sandal and a lighter, straw hat.
My lipstick is Fly Girl by Lipsense which can be found here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/designerlips
Not only can your outfit be a work of art but your lunch can be too. Or your dinner. And it can be healthy and easy to put together and elegant enough to serve to guests.
How about a beautiful Cajun Salmon Salad that only takes 25 minutes and is less than 350 calories a serving ?
You will need:
1 pound fresh or frozen salmon
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
1 cup fat-free Thousand Island salad dressing
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
4 cups packaged lettuce mix
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup, no salt added organic kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Remove bones. Brush both sides of fish with olive oil and sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning; set aside.
2. Oil grate when ready to start grilling. Place fish on hot oiled grill. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Do not overcook.
3. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine salad dressing, hot pepper sauce, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
4.Divide lettuce among 4 chilled plates. Top each plate with 1:4 cup rice, 1/4 cup beans, 2 tablespoons bell peppers, and one-quarter of the fish. Arrange artfully and serve with dressing.
How about this beautiful, newly enlightened chicken salad with a tropical twist? It's a perfect meal full of delicious and appealing super foods.
Tropical Chicken Salad
You will need:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Refrigerated pineapple chunks
1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
4 cups romaine lettuce
1 cup refrigerated mango chunks
1 avocado, sliced
1. Set up grill for direct cooking over high heat. Brush both sides of chicken breast halves with olive oil; set aside.
2. Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Place chicken on hot oiled grill. Cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
3. For dressing, drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Measure 1 cup pineapple chunks; set aside. Refrigerate remaining juice and pineapple for another use. In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice, yogurt, and orange juice concentrate. Set aside.
4. On a large platter, arrange romaine, chicken, pineapple chunks, mango chunks, strawberries, and avocado slices. Serve with dressing.
My favorite healthy lunch to order when I'm out is also easy to prepare and rather delightful to serve when entertaining friends.
Chicken and Baby Spinach with Raspberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette
You will need:
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1/2 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
3/4 teaspoon sugar
8 cups baby spinach
1 cup sliced cucumber
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 1/3 cups purchased chicken breast
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Ground black pepper
1. For dressing, place 1/2 cup of the raspberries, salad dressing, and sugar in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the remaining 1 cup raspberries, spinach, cucumber, onion, and half of the dressing.
3. Divide mixture among 4 chilled plates. Toss chicken strips with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Divide among the plates. Top with feta cheese and pecans. Season with pepper.
As a mom and kindergarten teacher I treasure the time I spend with children and like to make it not only enjoyable but also a valuable learning experience.
I found this unique and very favorable recipe in the book Pretend Soup by Katzen and Henderson. I have made it numerous times both in the classroom and at home with my own children and their friends.
Find the complete recipe here http://www.molliekatzen.com/kids.php?recipe=number_salad
The presentation of a meal made with love is so important. You can even bring one of these healthy salads to a friend's home and gift them a fabulous new salad bowl and utensil set.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today!
I hope you found it enjoyable and I hope it inspires you to appreciate the loveliness all around us, either in a beautiful piece of clothing like my dress from https://www.stylewe.com/ , an artfully designed healthy meal, or just in the happy faces of the special people you are sharing your life with.