A friend of mine, and also, the best music teacher I have had the pleasure of working with, Katie D'amarino, recently posted a request on Facebook. She asked for easy, affordable, healthy, family dinners. I was ready to jump in and comment ( as usual- ;) and then I thought maybe it would be better as a blog post. Here are four of my most super-easy but also healthy and cost- effective. 1. Cook and drain 1 package (25oz) any flavor ravioli.
2. Mix 4 sliced zucchini and 1 jar (26oz) marinara sauce in a large pan over medium high heat 6-7 minutes.
3. Toss sauce mixture with ravioli and garnish with shredded cheese.
2. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat and add oil, making sure it is spread over entire griddle or skillet.
3. Dip slices of Italian bread ( this recipe will make 8) into egg mixture. Place on skillet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
4. Cook 3 minutes, turn, and sprinkle with cheese. Cook until cheese is melted (2 minutes, usually).
2. Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken cut into cubes from 4 chicken breasts and 2 teaspoons chopped garlic. Cook until chicken is not pink in center.
3. Stir 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz) and 2 teaspoons of basil leaves. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and let it simmer 5 minutes.
4. Stir in linguine, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
2. Arrange 2 large cut red peppers ( seeds and membranes removed ) in 8 inch square microwaveable dish. Add 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 3-4 minutes, until they are tender.
3. Stir 1 cup spinach and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese into couscous. Put mixture into pepper halves.
Hope you try these recipes and enjoy them as much as we do!
Hope you enjoy the extra time you have that is NOT spent in the kitchen ;)
See you soon!